Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Betting Against Favorite
Boxing and MMA Betting
In any sport, the athlete is in optimal shape in his best years. For each discipline, the range of years is approximately the same, but may differ slightly, but in MMA it becomes more difficult to compete with age: coordination, reaction, endurance, speed begin to slowly but surely deteriorate. Even the most experienced fighters, who have many titles, can easily lose to young promising athletes who are just starting their way in this kind of martial arts.
In this review, we will tell you what odds are optimal for betting in MMA, as well as when and why experienced seasoned fighters can lose as favorites.
- What are the odds for the underdog?
- When is it profitable to bet against an older favorite?
- Betting strategy
What are the odds for the underdog?
The peculiarity of this type of martial arts, like MMA, is that there is almost always a favorite there. There are also equal lines for battle, but they are extremely rare. At the same time, it is rare to see a fight in the line in which there is an unconditional favorite with a coefficient of 1.1 or lower. Most often, quotes are given for the favorite of the fight in the range of 1.25-1.6. Accordingly, the outsider is 2.2-4.
When is it profitable to bet against an older favorite?
There may be a number of suitable situations for this. Let's list some of them:
- The bad shape of the favorite at the time of the fight (he had not participated in fights for a long time, long recovery from injury, poor psychological state after several defeats in previous fights).
- The skill level of the favorite couple decreases over the years: the speed of decision-making, endurance, reaction does not get better over time, so problems in the octagon are possible.
- Incomplete recovery after injury of the favorite of the fight. Fortunately, there is a lot of information on the network today and it will not be difficult to find such information.
- Lack or weak motivation for the upcoming fight. An experienced fighter may end his contract with a sponsor, so he will not tear and throw in the octagon.
- Underdog has won victories in several upcoming meetings, and defeated strong opponents. In such a situation, betting on it looks promising.
- The favorite is only due to the name that he won earlier. Recently, however, he has more and more problems in battle, there are weaknesses that are well known to rivals. In such a situation, the underdog can also draw a lucky ticket and win the fight.
The basic features of betting on insiders in MMA can be found in a separate review.
Before betting on the underdog in MMA, you need to understand that in this type of martial arts, the favorites most often win. Above is the unpredictability of fights in women's fights. Therefore, before chasing a high coefficient for an outsider, you need to carefully study a couple of fighters, compare them according to the most important parameters, and familiarize yourself with the press regarding the upcoming battle. After that, you can make a decision regarding the bet on the battle.
Consider a betting strategy against an age favorite. To bet on such a fight, you need to find a fighter whose career is nearing completion (aged 33 and older). As a rule, such athletes have more and more defeats (at a younger age, the strongest fighters rarely lose).
For example, Nurmagomedov, by his 31st year, had not yet lost a single battle. A similar trend can be seen in many fighters. Until the age of 28-32, many are on horseback, after which the battles begin to be given more and more difficult, defeats appear.
Having picked up a suitable battle in the line, in which there is an age favorite, you also need to research his opponent. It is advisable to find as much information as possible on it. It's great if the underdog's fighting style is awkward for the favorite. For example, a hulking favorite versus a speedy outsider. You also need to study the latest results, the form, statements in the press, the physical form of the favorite. If there are alarm bells (he begins to lose more and more often, has an untreated injury, has not gone into the octagon for a long time), then this is a good prerequisite for a bet against such a fighter. Similar work needs to be done with the outsider. If there are several good fights and victories in previous matches over strong opponents, then it makes sense to risk a high odds bet on such an MMA fighter.
MMA is still gaining popularity in bookmakers, so the lines for matches are often far from accurate. Experienced MMA players can easily find inflated odds and fights in which an outsider can win. In addition, for Victoria in a duel, it may be enough to win on points: a well-built battle strategy can help the outsider create a sensation.
By the way, almost every day in which MMA fights take place, unexpected results happen, although there are not many of them. Taking the time to prepare and analyze, you will certainly be able to find these battles. Good luck!