Table tennis is a dynamic and very interesting sport, which has won the special love of bettors. Firstly, the matches are fast-paced and end quite quickly, which allows a large number of bets to be concluded in a short time. Secondly, fights are played 24 hours a day, since this sport does not depend on weather conditions, time of year and the situation outside the window. Competitions were held even during quarantine, as athletes have an excellent opportunity to maintain social distance. Thirdly, bookmakers put up a wide list for matches with a large number of handicaps and totals. Let's figure out what features bets on certain key parties in table tennis have.
And in the special material, you can find five reasons to bet on table tennis.
- First Set Betting
- How to bet on a game when the score is 1: 1?
- Features of betting on the fifth game
First Set Betting
The first game in table tennis often becomes the most unpredictable. Athletes need time to roll into the game, test their opponents and choose the best tactics. Therefore, bets on the outcome of the set become a real “Russian roulette”, they can fail at any moment. But there are a lot of other interesting options that you should definitely not pass by:
- Total more than 16.5 points – at the start of the meeting, athletes begin to look closely at each other. They do not force events, they notice the weaknesses of the opponent. From the outside, such table tennis is more like a warm-up, as no one wants to act quickly and aggressively. Therefore, in most cases, a long exchange of points leads to breaking through the total of 16.5 points;
- Handicap of (+2.5) points from the outsider – another aspect depends on the increased total: a positive handicap from the outsider. The favorite at the start sometimes even allows himself to lose a set, because he is confident in his own abilities, starts the game without much zeal. In addition, in the first game, the weaker athlete tries to use his chances, clings to every single ball. Therefore, most often the outsider manages to perform with dignity in the starting game segment;
- Race to three points behind the first server – this option is great for live betting, since you need to know which tennis player will start the game. It is at the start that the athletes may not know the nature of the opponent's blows, and they always try to make the serve as tricky and complex as possible, so that later it would be easier to finish the rally. Therefore, most often, the tennis player who won the right to start the game on the lottery gets to three points first.
You can learn how to bet on table tennis using the “even / odd” strategy using a separate material.
How to bet on a game when the score is 1: 1?
The game with the score 1: 1 in sets most often becomes the key one. This is not surprising, since the winner takes possession of the emotional and game advantage. In addition, it is in the third game segment with an equal score that the voltage rises to the limit.
- The tennis player who takes the second game wins – in this sport, a lot depends on the courage and state of the players. Therefore, more often than not, successful draws turn into a whole series of scored points. In addition, it is when the score is 1: 1 that the favorite ends up with risky actions and starts playing reliably. Therefore, the pattern with a victory in two games in a row works practically “ironically”.
- The total is less than 16.5 points – a turning game is almost always swift. The stronger player takes full control of the initiative, constantly attacks and keeps the opponent in suspense. Under such pressure, the outsider begins to make mistakes, gives the simplest points. Therefore, the third games with a score of 1: 1 with a broken total of 16.5 points become a real exception.
- Bets on the first two points for the winner of the second set – usually it is at the start of the set that the foundation is laid for the further defeat. Therefore, the first points are played by the favorite in an extremely disciplined and orderly manner. He tries not to take risks, leads the opponent to mistakes and instantly seizes the moment. The attractiveness of this type of bet lies in the rather high odds – about 1.8. Also, the favorite has a good chance of winning the race up to three points.
More tricks for table tennis live betting can be found in a separate article.
Features of betting on the fifth game
The fifth game is the denouement of a table tennis match, which most often turns out to be the most intense. In the course of it, you can practically not expect risky actions, the cost of each individual mistake is too high. It is for this reason that betting on the final set is a great opportunity to increase your playing bank:
- Increased total set – most often in such a situation, tennis players go head to head and cannot break away from each other. Therefore, even total over 17.5 points looks like an excellent option for a bet. Most often, the clarification of the relationship comes to the stage when the rallies begin to be 25-30 strokes, they turn out to be very long;
- An even number of points in the party – practice shows that most often the fifth set gets to the score 9: 9, after which the “over / under” stage begins. In such a situation, the game can end exclusively with an even total, since the advantage of one of the athletes will be exactly two pucks (for example, 11: 9 or 14:12).
Photo source: flashscore.ru
- If the fifth game scores 0: 2, then the recruiter wins – an interesting situation arises if one of the performers led in two games, but the second was able to return and impose decent resistance. After missing out on so many opportunities to finish the fight, it’s pretty hard to come to my senses. In addition, the recruiter is on the courage, incredible balls begin to hit. That is why he sends the fifth batch to his piggy bank.
Photo source: flashscore.ru
You can read about how to bet on table tennis using the example of the League Betting bookmaker in a special material.
Table tennis is of great interest to sports betting fans and there are reasons for this: high dynamics and speed, a large number of matches during the day, and entertainment. But do not dwell only on the options with the outcome of the fight. With the right approach to the analysis, bets on individual parties will bring the greatest profit. There is a serious scope for creativity, you can flirt with totals, handicaps and even an even or odd number of points.